CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Jul 31, 2013

Back to School Goals Linky

Hi all, I'm linking up today with I Heart Recess for her Monthly Goals; Back to School Edition (Linky). I can't believe my first year teaching is starting so soon. Here are my goals below.

Personal: I really have been trying to work on being fit, but have not been consistent lately, so I really want to push myself to go to they gym at least 3 times a week; I have a gym at my apartment complex, so I have no excuse

Organization: This is my first year teaching so I believe that if I start off organized and really push myself I can maintain that goal forever. I really want to make sure everything is in it's proper place.

Planning: I have been told by numerous teachers to always be two weeks ahead with my lesson plans so I definitely will push myself to stick to this goal. I've already written out my long term goals and work on week one for school, so I think I'm doing good so far.

Professional: I couldn't attend a lot of professional development workshops because my information will not be in the school system until the first day that teachers go back, so I have no way of signing up :(. However my mentor teacher did give me a lot of books to read so I will definitely be using those in my teaching plans.

Students: I want to make sure that I get to know my students likes/dislikes, home-life, everything. I want them to feel comfortable in my classroom and I want to push them to be the best that they can be no matter what the circumstance.

Motto: I am a firm believer that God will never put a person through anything he/she can not handle. So I know that when times are tough it is because God is trying to push me to be better.

If you want to link up feel free. What are your goals for this upcoming school year?

2 comments:

  1. All the best for your first year! I remember that time, it was a strange mix of overwhelming excitement, and complete anxiety.
    I look forward to hearing your adventures here!
    Erin
    The E-Z Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! Good luck this year! I'm a sixth grade language arts teacher too. This is my second full year, so I know what you're going through as a first year teacher. Let me know if you ever need tips!

    ReplyDelete