CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Aug 3, 2013

MAJOR SHOCK!!!

Hey guys, My life just got flipped upside down and turned around. My principal called me this morning two weeks before I go back to school and asked me to teach Science instead of English Language Arts. I have already been planning my lessons for the first two weeks of school and wrote out my year long plans, and setting up my classroom. I now have to get in the mindset of science, and I'll be switching rooms....AAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

But my motto is "God will never put you through anything you can not handle". So I will take this as a learning opportunity and make science fun!!! Any science teachers out there with some advice for me?!?!

6 comments:

  1. I taught Science in 6th grade last year, but they are moving me to math this year!

    Science is a fun subject for the students I taught because they never had that much science in Elementary School so everything was new and exciting (most of the time).

    Do you know what type of concepts you will be teaching? If there is anything I have that I can send you to help I will be happy to :)

    ~Bagby
    Math Madness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My principal sent me the curriculum and topics for the school year will be Nature of Science and Technology, Electricity and Magnetism, Sound and Light, Inside Earth, Environmental Science, and Animals. Did you use an interactive notebook in your class?

      Delete
  2. Yikes! What a stressful change right before school starts! Kudos to you for showing flexibility and diving right in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot imagine! It is so wonderful that you have a positive attitude! That's one way to get started on the right track. If you'd like, I'll check with my science to partner to get some resources for you. Just let me know!

    Carla
    Surviving Sixth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers! Great response to a stressful situation. He will bring you through it.

    <3 you're newest MD follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out my blog for more information.

      Adelle
      PrimaryJungle.blogspot.com

      Delete